Exploring Religious Sites
UNESCO churches, a real Byzantine treasure trove, where the buildings have remained largely unchanged for centuries. The region of Troodos is characterized by one of the largest groups of churches and monasteries of the former Byzantine Empire. They range from small churches whose rural architectural style is in stark contrast to their highly refined decoration, to monasteries.
Cyprus is home to some truly impressive monasteries – real architectural feats, beckoning both religious and non-religious visitors from near and far amid the most peaceful and idyllic rural settings. Explore the many monasteries of the island, and immerse yourself in their journey of faith, history, and culture.
UNESCO Churches & Kalopanayiotis Village 10 hr
- Panagia Asinou Church
- Church of Panayia (The Virgin) Podhithou in Galata village
- Church of St. Nicholas of the Roof
- John Lampadistis in Kalopanayiotis village
- Lunch Break in Kalopanayiotis village
- Panagia tou Moutoulla in Moutoullas village
- Archaggelos Michael Church in Pedoulas village
UNESCO Churches & Platres Village 10hr
- Church of Metamorfosis tou Sotiros in Palaichori
- Stavros Agiasmati Church in Platanistassa
- Panagia tou Araka Church in Lagoudera
- Timios Stavros in Pelentri
- Trooditissa Monastery
- Lunch in Platres village
- Church of St. Kyprianos in Meniko
- Kykkos monastery
- Trooditissa monastery
- Lunch Break in Platres ( Try Kalidonia )
- Ayios Georgios Alamanos
or St. Nicholas of The Cats monastery
Terms & Conditions
* Starting point is from Larnaca city. The Day Trip is also available from Limassol city, Nicosia city and Famagusta city with extra cost.
The Day Trip is private, the number of passengers is agreed in advance.
The lunch and entrance fees are not included in the price.
The driver can give you some tips for the island but he is not a tour guide.
If you need a professional guide you must make the request in advance (at least 3 days) with extra cost.